Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Call to Action

Okay, folks, I'm on my soapbox! The bad thing about a blog is that you never know if anyone is reading it unless they comment. So we don't know if we have 5 friends out there or 55. I'm thinking probably the former but hopefully the latter. I realize that the majority of our potential readers are of our generation for whom a 'blog' is a foreign entity. (It sounds like something from out of the depths.) So just in case you need a primer, be aware that you can just click on 'Comment' on the bottom of any post and type in a comment which will go to us. Or, better yet, if you don't want it to be available for everyone to see you can email us at dhcljc@yahoo.com . Only in that way would we see your email address to respond. Would love to hear what is going on in your lives. Also, if you click on your "Favorites" button and add this site then you could always find this blog without having to type in the address.

Hey, just had an idea! My birthday is this month. Guess what this lonely missionary would like to receive more than anything else? I'd like to see how many people I could hear from in a month. Oh, I can just see Lou rolling his eyes when he reads this. He'll say, "Have you no shame?" Nope, guess not. :-)
Diane

9 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

I love your blog and love to catch up on what you are doing. Happy birthday also. Deanna

Tami said...

Hi Aunt Diane- I have read about half, since I really just learned about it. I love seeing what you two are doing. It motivates me- we used to talk all the time about "when we go on a mission together" for some reason we don't anymore.
If you make is sound great enough, I'll start the talk back up :)
I spent the day today in the Salt Lake City FHC- wow is that overwhelming!
Happy Birthday.

Tom and Michelle said...

Louis and Diane,
I love looking at your blog and being able to read about all the wonderful things that you have seen in Russia and I hear it from my mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane.
Happy Birthday from all of us on the Thursday mid-day shift. Everyone misses you and always asks me how you are doing, so I keep track of your blog to keep us all informed. We love hearing about all your adventures in Russia. Keep up the good work.
Rita Vernon

LuAnn said...

It has been a long week and I am just catching up on looking at emails and blogs. I definitely read all your posts and share them with Milt and the kids. It helps when we look across the field and see your house, but know you are having a wonderful special time serving our Heavenly Father.

MimiS. said...

Ok. ,O.k.; I'll admit that I have been secretly tapping into your blog- from what Leslie tells me - it is so fascinating that I've checked in often . I now feel guilty for leaving no footprints ( comments) that I've been there. I really figured all from Rexburg , Utah and Nigeria would be clogging your computer. Now I know to always leave you a tidbit from your"Maine friends"- it seems like our weather is right on target with yours . The young vibrant but meager youth population seems similar to Orono's as well. Our prayers are with you and Louis and the Russian Mission.In the meantime,your Pleasant Grove family is thriving under your daughters very guiding hands. love, Kim Stinson

Anonymous said...

Hi-Good friends,
Thanks for mentioning the comment place. I think of the both of you often and love to see pictures of places you visit, especially the ones we were able to see. Isn't the Hermitage fabulous!!
Sounds like your missionary efforts are paying off too. What a good example you are to the Russian people.
We finished our potatoes, on the 2ist had our granddaugher's wedding on the 22nd in the Logan Temple..then entertained family for the rest of the weekend. so much fun - but exhausting. I'm off to visit friends in Nantuckett (sp) for a week and then will settle down for the winter. Tomarrow we are supposed to get three or four inches of snow, with 6 to 10 inches on Wednesday in the mountains. Keep up the good work. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Diane. I can't think of a better place to be or better things to be doing than you are doing..so enjoy!
Portia

Andrew and Collette said...

I know my mom reads your blog too, as she is the one that told me about it. I enjoy reading about your experiences. You two have always been such great examples in the ward. Also, having been an a missionary I know how much the elders and sisters appreciate having you there. I hope you had a great birthday too.
Andrew Flamm

Garth and Linda said...

Happy Birthday Diane, we hope it was a warm one, warmer than you looked in the pictures, you do look nice in a hat and if it keeps you warm all the better.